Time for An Overhaul
Daddy drove an ol' Ford pick up truck. It had over 100,000 miles on it, and it was rusted to the point where holes were in the floor board. He didn't care how it looked. He said, "As long as it keeps runnin' and gettin' me there and back, it's okay."
How many of us feel that way about ourselves? We get into our routine of livin' and workin' that we lose focus. Maybe it's time for an overhaul. When's the last time you spent time on yourself? Yes, on you!
In the craziness of the world today, "you" get lost. As long as you keep runnin' and gettin' everything done, it's okay. If you don't do an overhaul every once in awhile, you'll soon run down. Just like my Daddy's truck.
Here's a few simple things you can do:
1. Allow enough down time before goin' to bed. Read a book, newspaper. Have some quiet time.
2. Break out of your routine and do somethin' different. It doesn't have to be anything major.
3. Make life easier for yourself. Prioritize your to-do list. Instead of doin' it all let others help you, if possible.
4. Laugh a whole lot more. I mean the "belly laughs". Gives you more energy and gets rid of some stress.
5. Take walks or work out at a gym.
6. Be confident in bein' you. Don't complicate things like my Aunt Sophie. She can complicate a two car funeral.
Remember - Keepin' a regular check-up on yourself is the best way to get an "overhaul"!