Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Treasured Relationship

Mamma has a shoebox full of memories. Inside she has me 'n my sister's first hair ribbons, a watch that Daddy got her, lots of pictures 'n little things that mean somethin' special ta her. She calls it her treasure chest. Do you have a treasure chest of special things?
What may be a treasure ta you might not be ta someone else. As I get older, what I treasure most is my family, friends, 'n my relationship with Jesus. I remember when I accepted Him as my savior. I never felt so excited, so safe, 'n so filled with joy! Have ya ever held a new born baby? It's kind like that feelin' of joy.

A relationship with Jesus is a treasure because:

1. He's your comforter, helper - John 14:26  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."
Tha minute ya become a believer, tha Holy Spirit lives in us forever.

2. He is your counselor - John 14:17  "...the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."
Ya need to surrender your life ta Christ 'n His Holy Spirit gives ya guidance 'n wisdom ta live tha Christian life.

3. He is your strength - Psalm 27:1b  The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
God gives ya strength ta overcome your weaknesses, your fears.

4. He's your friend forever - Proverbs 18:24  A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Mamma says that Jesus is your best friend. He stays closer than your own brother.

Some things ta think 'bout:

1. So, what do you treasure?

2. Is your relationship with God a treasure?

We thank ya Lord for your blessin's. Thank ya for our family 'n friend relationships that mean sa much to us. But help us ta grow closer ta you our most cherished treasure. In tha name of Jesus, amen.





Christmas is comin'! So, don't wait to book Mitsy Lou for her Christmas Concert-"Christmas in Story 'n Song"

Original stories 'n songs that will tickle your funny bone, lift you up, and give you a blessing!

You may book online now!   http://www.janetharllee.net  or email  janet@janetharllee.net

No comments:

Post a Comment