Apostle Paul knew about how tough it was ta live in tha world. He also knew tha dangers that faced Timothy. Paul wrote him encouragin letters about stayin faithful ta God 'n keepin tha faith.
1 Timothy 6:11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
Here are some principles for us in the scripture:
1. Flee sin - run away from something or someone. Sometimes fleein is a sign 'a bein a coward. But sometimes fleein's a good thing. There are many who are runnin inta sin 'n not from it.
2. Follow righteousness - do tha right thing; right livin with God. Godliness is livin in tha nature of God - bein an example ta others 'n young people.
3. Learn how ta fight tha good fight - be tough, be strong, be steadfast in your faith so tha Father will one day say, "Well done."
Things ta think 'bout:
1. Are ya runnin from tha things of tha world that separate ya from God?
2. Do ya want to walk 'n live a life of victory?
Lord, may we study your word so we'll be able ta fight tha good fight 'n live a life for you in this world taday. You are our hope. In tha name of Jesus, amen.