Saturday, April 13, 2013

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?


What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?
Why is it that people ask you, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" when you're only ten years old?  Everybody would ask me that especially Aunt Ulah Mae. Every time I'd see her she'd say, "Mitsy Lou, are you gonna be a teacher? You'd make a good one."  







When I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I was ready! Thought God would let me know right then and there exactly what He wanted me to do in life so I could just go ahead and start doin' it. You can't rush God. I've learned that knowin' His will for my life takes a heap of prayin', studyin' His word, and bein' patient.

Now that I'm older, I still ask the question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" God never gives up on us. He continues to mold and shape our lives every day. Much like a potter does to clay.

How wonderful it is that He's not finished with me yet!



1 John 2: 17b "...but he who does the will of God abides forever.


Things for ya' ta' think 'bout:

1. What are some things you wanted to grow up doing?

2. Have you found God's will for your life?

Heavenly Father, thank you for not giving up on us. Keep us strong in our faith so we will know your will for us. In the name of Jesus, amen.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment