Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November's Bein' Thankful Series: A Yard Sale Treasure

November's Bein' Thankful Series:
A Yard Sale Treasure
 
Maybelline Belle is one of my best customers. She came in the other day all tore up! I asked her what had happened. Maybelline started cryin'. Gushin' big tear drops from her eyes! You would have thought somebody had died or somethin'! She used up all the boxes of kleenex in my beauty parlor.   
 

Finally, Maybelline settled down enough to tell me. She said, "Oh, Mitsy Lou, I was so excited! Last week I went to Lora Mae's yard sale. I couldn't believe my eyes!" I said, "Maybelline, what in the world?!"

"Well, she replied. I was walkin' 'round lookin' at everythin'. Then I saw it! It was layin' on top Lora' Mae's velvet Elvis." "WHAT, Maybelline?" I asked.

 
"The lobster, Pinchers! She said. It's a treasure! I'd been lookin' for him the longest time!" At this point, I thought she'd lost her mind! Then she went on to explain that she was a collector of Beanie Babies. All she needed was Pinchers 'n her collection would be complete.



Then Maybelline started cryin' again. I said, "What's the matter? You found what you were lookin' for!"


Through her tears, she told me that she had left the Beanie Baby on the sofa to answer the phone. When she got back, her dog was chewin' on Pinchers. He tore it up good!


Things of the world that we treasure doesn' t last. Heavenly treasures last forever! That's somethin' to be thankful 'bout!

Matthew 6:20 "...but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal."

Things To Think 'bout:

1. What do you treasure?

2. Be thankful for God's mercies.

Lord, forgive us when we get caught up in the earthly treasures that we forget 'bout our heavenly treasures. In the name of Jesus, amen.



Bein' Thankful For All God's Blessin's!


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a post I saw once sharing the Prosperity Gospel where you ask for things from God (or the Universe cuz that'll do if you're not a believer) and you just get everything you want like you had a Genie. The article talked about needs vs wants and how she NEEDED a big house. HUH? Needing a house might be better demonstrated when you don't have one, not when you want one with 6 bedrooms. Shakes head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for His spirit alive and active today. I honestly just don't know how I would ever get through life without it.

    ReplyDelete