Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November's Bein' Thankful Series: Ridin' The Waves


November's Bein' Thankful Series:
Ridin' The Waves
 
Every time I'm at the beach, I remember, when I was little, Daddy would take me 'n my sister out in the ocean to ride the waves. He held me in one arm 'n my sister in the other. As long as Daddy was holdin’ me, I felt safe.



 

We'd ride one wave in 'n then another 'n another. After a while, Daddy decided to go out a little further. It was goin’ well, 'til I felt somethin’ wrappin’ 'round my legs. All I could think of was - a snake. I started hollerin’ 'n tryin’ to get whatever it was off! It's a wonder Daddy didn't drop me, but he held on to me 'til the next wave brought us in. He would not let go of me 'cause he knew what would happin’ if he did. Of course it was seaweed wound 'round my legs. But you can't convince me it wasn't a snake!

 

Mamma says that we're safe in the arms of the Lord. He rides the waves of life with us 'n holds us up to keep us from drownin’.

 

We sometimes forget or take for granted that God already knows what kind 'a waves of life we're ridein’. Just like Daddy holdin’ on to me to keep me safe, so does our Heavenly Father hold us up to keep us safe.


When you rest in the everlastin’ arms of Jesus, you'll make it to the shore safely!

 

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...
 
 
 
Lord, we are thankful for your love 'n your everlastin' arms that hold us up. In the name of Jesus, amen.
 
 
Things To Think 'bout:
 
1. What kind of 'wave' are you ridin'?
 
2. Is God ridin' it with you?
 
 
 
But by the grace of God!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a problem trusting that God is there when a wave comes. I have a much harder time being joyful in the wave if it's a tidalwave, a prolonged tidal wave or several tidal waves at once. I have several right now, but I'm doing things that help me to be joyful inside the wave.

    ReplyDelete