Surv'l Tip #5 When Ya' Cast Ur Net 'n Endure 'Til Vict'ry Comes
Galatians 6:9-10 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season (God's time) we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.
How can we be more faithful ta' endure 'til vict'ry comes?
1. Make sure we have a personal relationship with God.
2. Read tha' Bible - stay in His Word.
3. Be ready ta' serve.
4. List'n ta' Him.
5. Know that ya' can't outrun God.
Ta' endure we must learn ta' persevere; don't quit. We need ta' receive encourag'mant from oth'r Christians. Sin's what holds us back. Ask God what are tha' things in your life ya' need to get rid of 'n then do it. We can endure 'cause Jesus Christ endur'd; He saw way beyond tha' cross 'n saw tha' joy 'a vict'ry.
Paul says in Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."
No matt'r how hard it is, keep on runn'n your race, keep on endur'n. One day Jesus will say, "Well done good and faithful servant."
Summary of "5 Tips On Stay'n Tha' Course" excerpts from "Ya' Sink 'R Swim-Surv'l Tips for Tha' Christian Faith:
I hope ya'll enjoy'd these excerpts from my workshop. Want'd ta' summarize some thoughts:
Noah, Abraham, David, Moses, Peter, Paul, Mary moth'r 'a Jesus, Sarah, Esther, Mary Magdalene, 'n Ruth are just some of the people in tha' Bible who stay'd tha' course. They were ordinary people like ya' 'n me, who let God use them ta' do extraordinary things.
Here are tha' 5 tips in review:
1. When tha' Tide Rises & Falls 'Round Your Feet - what are the strongholds in your life?
2. When Your Faith Wav'rs 'n Ya' Feel Like Bait - how can ya' keep a steadfast faith in this world ta'day?
3. When Ya Swim Against Tha' Current 'n Ya' Find It Not Impossible - how do ya' handle lifes bad times?
4. When Tha' Sharks 'A Life Attack Ya' - make sure ya' put on tha' full Armor of God
5. When Ya' Cast Your Net 'n Endure 'Til Vict'ry Comes - have a personal relationship with God; endure by gett'n encouragement from other Christians; ask God ta' help ya' get rid 'a things that hold ya' back; look to Jesus, His joy will lift us up as He runs tha' race with us 'n when it's ov'r, vict'ry comes!
Ya' sink 'r swim. Life's all 'bout choices 'n tha' most important choice ya can make is ta' have a relationship with God 'n walk in His joy. Stay tha' course, finish tha' race, look ta' Jesus - by tell'n your story, ya' tell His.
Things for ya' ta' think 'bout:
1. What would Jesus say 'bout ya' life right now?
2. When tha' time comes, will ya' be walk'n out in vict'ry?
God, thank ya' for endur'n for us. Help us ta' be strong in our faith; ta' look ta' ya' for all our needs. Lord, give us a desire ta' be bett'r soul winn'rs 'n endure 'til vict'ry comes. In tha' name a' Jesus, amen.