Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Stars In A Southern Sky

Stars In A Southern Sky
 
When my sister and me were growin up, Daddy'd go outside with us to look at the stars at night. He always said, "We're lookin' at stars in a southern sky." He'd spread out a blanket on the ground.
 

We'd lay down on it and look up at all those stars fillin' the sky! They looked like sparklin' dots winkin' at us.
 
Daddy'd point out the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper. One time, I asked him, "Daddy, how many stars are there?"
 
He said, "Honey, there's just too many to count, but God knows 'cause He placed 'em there. He even knows 'em by name just like He knows us by name."
 
I've always loved lookin' at the stars. How vast the heavens! It reminds me of how big God is, and how big His love is for us!
 
 
Psalm 104:1-2 Let all that I am praise the Lord. O Lord my god, how great you are! You are robed with honor and majesty. You are dressed in a robe of light. You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens... (NLT)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment