Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rememberin' Memorial Day

Rememberin' Memorial Day

 

What are your plans for Memorial Day? Will you have a cookout with the family? How 'bout visitin' friends? Maybe you gotta work. Will you take some time to be thankful for the men and women who served and sacrificed for us. For our country?
 

Daddy was a techincal seargeant in WWII. I remember him tellin' me that he felt guilty when he came back home when so many of his boys didn't. I told him that if he hadn't come back, me and my sister wouldn't be here. He laughed and said, "I guess so". But Daddy felt that guilt until he died.
 
I don't think we can really know the total sacrifice that these men and women made. I do feel like we ought to remember 'em, and give thanks to God for what they did for us.
 
Enjoy your Memorial Day and give thanks.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment