Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Psalm-Hear Me Lord by Janet Harllee

A Psalm-Hear Me Lord by Janet Harllee
 
 
As part of a Bible study class, those of us attending were asked to write a Psalm about something we may be dealing or struggling with right now. So, here's mine on "getting older".


 
I love the Psalms written by David. Some are of praise, some are his cries to the Lord. Writing your cries or thanks to God will bring you closer to Him!
I hope you will write your own Psalm. If you do, please share it with me if you'd like.
 
 
Hear me O Lord, I cry out to you as

I’m getting older. 

Provide and care for me as a mother bird

takes care of her young.  I ask for good

health and strength for all my days.

I embrace gray hair, wrinkles, and other

changes that happen with age.

Help me, O Lord to accept the things

I am not able to do as I used to do them.

How I love and appreciate our relationship more

and more every day.  Please do not

forget me. 

 

You know the plans for me! Lord, God

make it clear to me what you want

me to do.  I do not want to miss any

of your blessings!

I love and praise you, Lord for I know

you are in control.

 

I long to understand your Word.

I long to obey and serve you with gladness!

I sing your praises, O Lord,

I sing praises to your name!

Thanking you for your love and grace,

Thanking you for your kindness and mercy.

As my body grows weak and used up,

I will still proclaim You as my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,

and my heart will be grateful for all you’ve given

and done for me through the years.

May I be happy and content!
                                    - Janet Harllee
 
 

1 comment: