Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stories 'bout the Heart - My First Crush

My First Crush
 
I remember my first crush, Wilber Lee Huckleberry. He was the cutest boy in the whole school. Mamma said it was just "puppy love". But I knew I was in love! I didn't feel like I had a chance with him 'cause I didn't feel purty or popular like some of the other girls were. I was the chubby one with freckles 'n bangs that parted down the middle.

One day Wilber Lee asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with him. Well, I thought I'd melt 'n run under the door! My knees knocked together while I was carrin' my tray. It's a wonder I got to the table before spillin' my vegetable soup. The cat got my tongue, 'n I wasn't able to talk the whole time. Wilber Lee didn't seem to notice; he was so busy talkin' 'bout his basketball team. He must've thought I was a good listener 'cause he kept callin' me. He even asked me to go to his games. We were head over heels in love! I remember the feelin' of wantin' to always be with Wilber Lee 'n talk with him 'bout everythin'. I couldn't imagine my life without him.
 
Then durin' the last basketball game of the season, a cheerleader caught Wilber Lee's eye 'n that was that. I was brokenhearted. When I got home, I poured my heart out to Mamma. She said, "Mitsy Lou, it's a fact that people will leave you, but God never will."
 
 
Joshua 1:5  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave nor forsake you.
 
 
Thank you Lord that you always keep your promises. In the name of Jesus, amen.
 
 
Things To Think 'Bout:
 
1. Has your heart ever been broken by someone else?
 
2. Do you believe that God is always with you 'n will never leave you?
 
 


3 comments: