Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mamma's Biscuits

Mamma's Biscuits


Mamma was famous for her biscuits, even  got a write up in the paper. My sister 'n I asked her what her secret was to makin’ 'em. We wrote down the recipe as she told us.



When the dough was made, she dumped it from the bowl onto a floured table. Then she fluffed ‘n folded the dough end to end into a nice round ball. Here's the secret - she said she always gave it a "love pat". Then she took her rollin’ pin 'n lightly rolled over the top of the dough. She used her fingers to fluff from underneath to get out the air. Mamma said not to twist your cutter to cut the biscuits. Then once they were cut, fluff from under 'em again 'n place onto a bakin’ pan.



Mamma loved people ‘n loved to cook for 'em, ‘n she loved seein’ people eatin’ her food.  One of her favorite Bible verses is John 3:16.  She said that when God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins that was God's "love pat” to a hurtin’ world. He loved us that much!



John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Just want to thank ya' Lord for your great love for us! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Things To Think 'bout:

1. How do ya' see God's love in your life?
2. Where does your love stand for God?



Quotes by Janet



2 comments:

  1. First, I have to say, "Mmmm...smell 'em bakin'. I love getting love pats from my Creator when I begin my day with Him. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pat my chicken sandwiches when I make them.

    ReplyDelete