Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Aunt Fora Mae



Aunt Flora Mae

Aunt Flora Mae was very particular ‘bout her hair.  She spent hours in front of tha mirror every day.  Her hair had to be just right! There was a curl on one side of her head ‘n another one just like it on tha other side of her head.  Then there were two spit curls over her ears.  There was only one time that I can remember that Aunt Flora Mae’s hair wasn’t perfect. 
 
She’d asked me to fix her hair for Cousin Ellie’s weddin.  A beehive is what she wanted.  Ya  know, when your hair is puffed up on top of your head.

Anyway, at tha weddin reception, Aunt Flora Mae got up to dance.  Everythin was goin well ‘til she danced under tha low ceilin fan.  Tha top of her hair got caught in tha fan. Round ‘n round she went ‘til someone cut tha fans off.  Talk ‘bout a bad hair day!  Her husband video- taped tha whole thing.  All he was thinkin ‘bout was how much money he was gonna make on America’s Favorite Home Videos. 


1 Peter 3:3-4 Don’t let your adornment be merely outward – arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel – rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

Lord, keep our hearts open to your love so others will see You in us. In tha name of Jesus, amen.



Janet Harllee as Mitsy Lou Puppernickel

speaker, writer, accomplished storyteller

Bringing humor, story, and song to your next event!

Booking:  http://www.janetharllee.net
         
                  janet@janetharllee.net 

1 comment:

  1. I know people who painstakingly spend many frustrating minutes trying to get their hair just the right way. It's funny, too, because when they are finally done, it doesn't look any different to me than when they started. lol I never had good hair and now that so much of it is falling out, I don't spend a lot of time on it. I used to. Used to spend a lot of time on my makeup, my hair, but as I get older, it's more work and I've got so many more important things to do.

    ReplyDelete