Saturday, May 19, 2012

What's Your Treasure?

What's Your Treasure?

Mamma has a shoebox full of memories. She has me 'n my sister's first hair ribbons, a watch that Daddy got her after tha' war, 'n lots of pictures 'n little things that mean somethin' special ta' her. She calls it her 'treasure chest'. Do ya' have a treasure chest of special things?


What may be a treasure ta' you might not be ta' someone else. As I get older, what I treasure most is not things. What used ta' be important isn't anymore. Now I treasure my family, friends, 'n most of all my relationship with Jesus. I remember when I accepted Him as my savior. I never felt so excited, so safe, 'n so filled with joy! Have ya' ever held a new born baby? It's kind a' like that feelin' of joy. It overflows!


Jesus is your comforter 'n helper. He's your strength ta' overcome your weaknesses 'n fears. He gives ya' guidance 'n wisdom.  Jesus is your friend forever. A relationship with Jesus is the most cherished treasure!

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."


 John 14:17 "...the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him or knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."


Psalm 27:1b "The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"


Proverbs 18:24 "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."


What's Your Treasure?      


Some things ta think 'bout:
1. Is your relationship with God a treasure?



We thank ya' Lord for your blessin's. Thank ya' for our family 'n friend relationships that mean sa' much ta' us. But help us ta' grow closer ta' you our most cherished treasure. In tha' name of Jesus, amen.

Let your heart, your mind, your soul totally rest in Him. You will be refreshed!
       -Quotes by Janet

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post. We need to treasure Jesus more. He deserves all of our praise and thanks for what He did for us on the cross. he is my treasure. Blessings, Deborah H. Bateman-Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a treasure box of things worthless to others but mean a great deal to me. The armband from the hospital when I lost my baby. The little things my dd made me as a little girl. Pieces of toys my son played with as a toddler. I guess it's kind of like Jesus. We treasure Him when others who don't know Him don't even see His value.

    ReplyDelete