Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Is God Ever Silent?

Is God Ever Silent?
Have ya' ever been frustrated 'bout somethin'? I think we can all say YES. How many times have ya' talked ta' God 'bout 'em 'n ya' felt He'd forgottin' ya'? You're not hearin' from Him when ya' think ya' otta' be. God is silent!

We live in a 'hurry up', gotta' have it now world. But that's not how God works.

In Psalm 13, David was frustrated fightin' battles. He felt alone, forgottin', forsakein'. He longed ta' hear from God. He was seekin' His presence. God was silent. David was a lot like us in that he wanted ta' hear somethin' right then. But his cries turned ta' praise 'n trust in God.

Psalm 13:1-6 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face (presence) from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him"; lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation, I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Ya' see, God is always workin'. Remember, God is there at our point of need!

Is God Ever Silent?

Lord, evin' while your're silent, help us ta' always praise ya' 'n rejoice in your salvation! In tha' name of Jesus, amen.

Things Ta' Think 'bout:
1. Have there been times when God has been silent in your life?
2. How do ya' handle your frustrations?

Here's a Word to Encourage:


God, bless ya'lls hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Janet,
    Thanks for the reminder that God is always working behind the scenes even when we don't know it. Blessings, Deborah H. Bateman

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to wait on a word from God sometimes. Thanks, Janet.

    ReplyDelete