Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back Yard Obstacle


Back Yard Obstacle

 

When I was ‘bout fourteen years old, Daddy would let me drive his car in our back yard.  This was way before under age drivin’ was against the law.  I had to put pillows in the seat to be able to see.  Our back yard was an obstacle course with trees on each side. 


 
 
In the open space between the trees, I’d pretend to pull up to a stop light.  I’d flip the turn signal on ‘n make a turn in between a couple of the trees.  When I got really brave, I drove up the driveway.  Then Daddy would back the car down to the back yard so I could do it over again. 

 

One day I was makin’ my turns ‘round the trees ‘n somehow I didn’t leave enough room to make the full turn.  I had to back up the car.  I hadn’t mastered backin’ up yet, but thought I could handle it.  I put the car in reverse ‘n gunned it.  Oops! I  heard a sickenin’ crunchin’ sound.  I got out ‘n ran to the back of the car to see how much damage was done.  I just knew Daddy was gonna’ be really mad at me! He came runnin’! First he checked to make sure I was ok.  Then he took a look at the damage.  It was a broken tail light. Daddy said, “Don’t worry, a little duct tape will fix it right up!”

 

God said that in this life we’d have tribulation.  We all run into obstacles. With God, we can overcome them. 

 

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace, In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Things To Think 'bout:

1. What obstacles are you facin' today?

2. Are you trustin' God enough?

Lord, whatever obstacles we face, you are with us and will see us through 'til the victory.  In the name of Jesus, amen.


An Encouragin' Word:


2 comments:

  1. When I was 17 yrs old until they began making cars with power seats that could get higher, I drove sitting on a telephone book which I had to change every so often because the pages would tear out. One day when I was 17, I noticed I was having to look through the steering wheel to see the road and found I was on the "Ms."

    These days I still struggle to do this because I'm so short. I also struggle with health issues and with my business in this slow economy. After years of many miracles, I don't have a problem trusting God. I just don't always know what I am to do.

    The hardest part is when I pray and nothing changes or gets worse. That has been the case with health issues for the last 30yrs. I'm 50 and I feel as if I'm 80 so much of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story, JoJo. I pray that God will make known to you clearly what He wants you to do. I pray also for relief of your health issues. Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete