Saturday, September 22, 2012

Founder's Day


Founder's Day
I remember wantin’ a pair of Dale Evans’ cowgirl boots.  I didn’t have the money ‘n Mamma ‘n Daddy didn’t either.  I prayed that if it was alright with God for me to get the boots, to help me find a way to get ‘em. 


A few days afterwards, Uncle Buford, a truck driver who traveled to Florida a lot, brought us two crates of lemons ‘n 25 lbs. of sugar, ‘n asked if we could use ‘em.   Mamma suggested that sellin’ lemonade at our Founder’s Day celebration might be a good way to raise money for my boots.  Hundreds of people came from all the surroundin’ counties like Hog Waller, Muddy Creek, ‘n Slippery Holler.

Mamma helped me set up a lemonade stand.  She made a sign, "Lemonade 5 cents a cup".  Then I helped Mamma make some lemonade.  We squeezed the lemons into a juice strainer, then poured the juice into a pitcher, ‘n then added the right amount of water ‘n sugar.  We set the pitcher of lemonade on the table ‘n  put some ice in a cooler.  It took is all day makin’ enough lemonade.  I sold $20.00 worth right off the bat. 
 
By the end of the day, I had made enough money for my fringed vest ‘n skirt to go with my cowgirl boots. Mamma always says,"Mitsy Lou put your trust ‘n faith in God, He’ll always provide a way for you”. 

Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?”
 
Father, help us to trust you more for what's right for us. Thank you for answerin' prayer. In the name of Jesus, amen.
 
Things To Think 'bout:
1. Where does your trust in God stand?
2. Do you ask God to provide a way for you?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment