Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Lovin' Heart, 4th in a February series on matters of the heart


I remember my first crush, Wilber Lee Huckleberry. He was tha' cutest boy in tha' whole school. Mamma said it was just "puppy love". But I knew I was in love!


Have ya' ever been head over heels in love? Then ya' remember tha' feelin'.  Tha' feelin' of wantin' ta'always be with that person 'n talk with 'em 'bout everythin'.  Tha' feelin' of what your life would be like without 'em.  A sincere, meanin'ful relationship is based on constant communication 'n commitment.  Just like your relationship with Christ.  It’s all about heart! Tha' Bible says that whatever ya' feel in your heart, so ya' are.  Are ya' head over heels in love with Christ today?!

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not preish but have everlasting life.

Father God, thank ya' for lovin' us so much that ya' gave us your Son, Jesus. Thank ya' for givin' us salvation. May we grow ta' love ya' more each day. In tha' name of Jesus, amen.

Things ta' think 'bout:

1. Are ya' head over heels in love with Jesus Christ?

2. What's your commitment ta' Him like?

Prayer Request:

I'd like for ya'll ta' pray for those on tha' mission field, no matter what country they're in, who do battle for tha' Lord every day.

What are some prayer requests ya' may have? Let me know. I'd love ta' pray for ya'!



Happy Valentine's Day ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Janet,
    Have you ever given it a thought to record your articles as well? I just love reading them, and I can imagine they would sound like music im my ears as well. Great article and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth. These are fabulous, but I'd love to hear your voice say them out loud.

    ReplyDelete