Saturday, July 16, 2011

Riden On Tha Waves of Life

My family goes evry year to Uncle Murray's & Aunt Sophie's beach place.  Ya know, evry time I'm at tha beach, I remembr, when we were little, Daddy takin' my sistr, Ditsy Lou, 'n I out ta ride tha waves. He held me in one arm 'n Ditsy Lou in tha othr. As long as Daddy was holdn me, I felt safe. We'd ride one wave in 'n then anothr 'n anothr. Aftr a while, Daddy decided ta go out, in tha ocen, a little furthr. It was goin well, 'til I felt somethn wrappn 'round my legs. All I could think of was - a snake. I startd hollern 'n tryn to get whatevr it was off! It's a wondr Daddy didn't drop me, but he held on ta me 'til tha next wave brought us in. He would not let go of me 'cause he knew what would happn if he did.
Have there been times in your life when ya know you've been held by the arms of God?  Mamma says that we're safe in tha arms of tha Lord. He rides tha waves of life with us 'n holds us up ta keep us from drown'n.  


Matthew 28:20 ...'lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world."

As Bible believn Christians, we sometimes forget 'r take for grantd that God already knows what kind 'a waves of life we're riden. Just like Daddy holdn on ta me ta keep me safe, so does our Heavenly Father keep us safe.

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...

When ya rest in tha everlastn arms of Jesus, you'll make it ta tha shore safely!

Some things ta think 'bout:

1. How has God held ya up when tha waves of life seemd ta knock ya down?
      (Please share if ya will)

2. Are ya trustn God enough? Do ya thank Him enough?

God thank ya for keepn us in your evrlastn arms.

Thank ya for bein our refuge.

Lord whatevr tha waves of life are, may we ride em all with you.

In tha name of Jesus, amen.





Book Now!

Christmas Concert - "Christmas in Story 'n Song"
featuring Janet Harllee as Mitsy Lou Puppernickel

Misy Lou will tickle your funny bone with stories about her zany family, & bless you with her original Christmas songs.

www.janetharllee.net

janet@janetharllee.net

336-672-5178

1 comment: